Clothing Care Tips: How to Spot Clean Clothes
The Best Way to Remove Stains and Save Your Favorite Garments
Accidents happen, no matter how careful you try to be. And when they do, you need to clean up the mess and treat the stain right away before it sets in and becomes a nightmare later on. Fortunately, it’s easier to do than you might think. And as long as you follow the right steps, those stains will be no match for you. Keep reading to learn how to spot clean clothes, including your most precious items, the right way.
What Should You Use?
You’ll likely want to use bleach to spot clean clothes — it removes all types of stains and kills bacteria. But you’ll likely do more harm than good, as it can deteriorate the fabric and cause ugly yellow stains that won’t go away. So always dilute bleach with water beforehand, or use something else for delicate materials.
A white vinegar/water solution is the best way to remove stains — safe, effective, gentle on fabrics, and inexpensive. All you have to do is mix one cup of vinegar with one gallon of water and have it on hand for all kinds of cleaning jobs. Brand-name laundry detergent, dish soap, or spray cleaners also work, just remember to check the ingredients first.
As for your tools, use either a plain white cloth, cotton swab, or soft toothbrush to dab the product in. Sponges carry bacteria and damage fabrics, while paper towels fall apart and leave bits of lint on your clothes.
The Best Way to Spot Clean
Look around online and you’ll find plenty of different methods when it comes to spot cleaning clothes. But, in our professional opinion, this right here is the best way to remove stains:
1. Wipe away all solid materials from the newly-stained area to make cleaning easier.
2. Place the stain face down onto a white cloth or paper towel so it doesn’t sink in further while you’re cleaning.
3. Dampen a second white cloth, cotton swab, or toothbrush with your chosen cleaning agent. Then gently pat or brush the stain from the opposite side. Always start at the edges and gradually work your way inward so it doesn’t spread and make things worse.
4. As you remove the stain, move the spot to an untouched area on the white cloth. This way it won’t set back in and lets you see your cleaning progress. Keep doing this until the stain is no longer visible.
5. Let the cleaned area air dry afterward, or use a fan if you’re in a rush. Never ever use heat, as that will set the stain in.
Once you’re done, you’re ready to move on with your day. Just remember that this method is only for emergencies. So don’t forget to thoroughly wash the garment when you finally take it off for the day.
Let AYSHA NY Help You Out
Our team at AYSHA NY isn't satisfied with just making and selling clothes. We’re also here to help you care for them and keep you prepared in case of emergencies.
So if you’re a busy mom on the go or an entrepreneur who always needs to look her best, we’ve got you covered. When it comes to sudden stains, we’ll show you what to do, what to use, and where you can find the right cleaning products. No matter what, we can make your clothes last for years to come.
Click the button below to ask more about how to spot clean clothes.